Congratulations to everyone that passed their grading on 8th March 2020.
Train hard and reap the rewards.
The next gradings will be in July 2020 as follows:-
July 2020 – Southgate – Approx 4:05-6:15pm
July 2020 – Brookmans Park Only – Approx 10.15am-12.15pm
July 2020 – Enfield – Approx 11:30am-12.30pm
July 2020 – Cockfosters – Approx 4.20-6.20pm
July 2020 – Potters bar – Approx 4.20-5.20pm
All Grading forms, renewal Insurance and licences must be paid, completed and returned by Saturday July 2020.
(The gradings are fast approaching, please ensure that you all have the correct uniform to grade).
1. Please have a clean Gi with club badge on the left side (Please ensure you have your Gi Jacket on the day)
2. You MUST wear your club t-shirt under your Gi.
3. You MUST have your mitts for the Kumite section. NO MITTS NO GRADING. You can purchase your mitts from the desk.
4. You MUST be wearing you correctly graded belt on the day. This will only confuse the judges if you are not in the correct ranked belt and could mean your assessed at a level you may have already passed.
Please do not allow children to wear leggins, tracksuits or anything else underneath their Gi, it may be cold outside but all classes have the heating on and students will overheat in class – Older children will be asked to remove said items before joining into class.
5. You MUST have an up to date Licence.
6. Please ensure you arrive on time and at the correct venue you chose. Our paperwork will only have the students who chose that venue on the day.
THE NEXT GRADINGS (EXAMS) WILL BE HELD FOR ALL GRADES EXCEPT FOR STUDENTS TRYING FOR 1ST DAN in July 2020.
THESE ARE AN APPROXIMATE TIME ONLY AND YOU WILL BE INVITED IN WHEN READY.
Friday Grading 4.05pm – presentation approx 6.15pm
Saturday Grading 10.15am – presentation approx 12.15pm
Sunday Grading 11:30am – presentation approx. 12:25pm
Monday Grading 4.20pm – presentation approx 6.20pm
Tuesday Grading 4.25pm – presentation approx 5.20pm
Students will grade on their normal lesson day unless it is impossible in which case you may choose another grading day with the Chief Instructors permission.
ALL STUDENTS WISHING TO GRADE WILL NEED:
- THE SHOTOKAN OFFICIAL MINIMUM OF LESSONS TO GRADE BETWEEN EACH GRADING
YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW YOUR SYLLABUS WHICH IS TAUGHT AT EACH CLASS
- MOST STUDENTS ARE CAPABLE OF ACHIEVING THEIR NEXT HALF OR FULL COLOURED BELT ON THE DAY IF THEY HAVE STUDIED HARD IN CLASS, BUT THERE IS ALSO A CHANCE TO DOUBLE GRADE IF THEY COMPLETE THEIR FULL SYLLABUS ON THE GRADING DAY, THERE ARE OTHER HIGHER STAGES OR GRADES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST BUT THERE IS A STRICT REGIME AND IT WOULD HAVE TO BE AGREED WITH THE CHIEF SENSEI FIRST. (THIS ENABLES THE STUDENT TO GET A HIGHER GRADE QUICKER WITH A LITTLE EXTRA HARD WORK …BUT ONLY IF THE STUDENT AND CHIEF SENSEI BELIEVE THEY ARE READY )
- FULL UNIFORM MUST BE WORN WITH CLUB BADGE AND MITTS.
- YOU MUST HAVE AN UP TO DATE LICENCE.
- ALL FEES TO BE IN BY THE WEEK BEFORE THE GRADING.
- A FREE BELT AND CERTIFICATE ARE INCLUDED FOR EVERY STUDENT THAT PASSES THEIR GRADE .
- THE CHIEF INSTRUCTORS DECISION IS FINAL AND THE DECISION MADE ON THE DAY OF THE GRADING RESULT CANNOT BE CHANGED. YOU CAN TRY AGAIN AT THE NEXT GRADING.
- AT THE END OF THE GRADING THERE WILL BE A PRESENTATION CEREMONY, EACH STUDENT THAT PASSES WILL BE PRESENTED WITH A NEW COLOUR BELT AND CERTIFICATE.
The next Dan gradings TBA
ALL 1ST KYU’S AND 1ST DANS WILL TAKE A WRITTEN TEST ON THE PRECEPTS, DOJO KUN AND GICHIN FUNAKOSHI. (IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY OF THIS INFORMATION PLEASE LET SENSEI CHRIS KNOW ASAP) THEN THIS WILL LEAD INTO THE GRADING (THIS WILL BE RECORDED) THE RESULTS FOR 1ST DAN STUDENTS WILL NOT BE GIVEN ON THE DAY.
Please speak to your instructors for further details.
THE PRE- LESSON WILL BE HELD FROM 11:30 FOLLOWED BY THE GENERAL GRADING. (ALL STUDENTS GRADING MUST ATTEND THE PRE-LESSON).
ALL STUDENTS CAN ATTEND THE PRE-LESSON AT 11:30AM IF THEY WANT TO.
PLEASE SEE YOUR INSTRUCTOR FOR COMPLETION OF GRADING FORMS.
ALL STUDENTS FROM ORANGE BELT MUST HAVE AN UP TO DATE LICENCE AND INSURANCE TO GRADE AND HAVE A MINIMUM OF 20 OFFICIAL LESSONS BETWEEN EACH GRADING. PLEASE CHECK THE BACK OF YOUR LICENCE FOR YOUR INSURANCE EXPIRY DATE. NEW BEGINNERS WILL NEED TO APPLY FOR A LICENCE AND INSURANCE AND HAVE A MINIMUM OF 12 OFFICIAL SJK LESSONS TO TRY FOR YOUR 10TH KYU (WHITE WITH ORANGE STRIPE) OR 20 OFFICIAL LESSONS TO ATTEMPT 9TH KYU (ORANGE).
Requests for Dan grading must be made in writing to Sensei Christine and must have a minimum of 9 months regular training (60 lessons minimum) and knowledge of Gichin Funakoshi, the Precepts Dojo Etiquette and Dojo Kun and be assessed by Sensei Christine.
The following syllabus are just a general guide for each grade.
Guide only of a grading syllabus below, save to your computer and print. Correct grading syllabus will be taught in your class.
Syllabus to be added soon.